Organized by hackerspace Laboratorio del Error Disenado (Laboratory of the Designed Error , or LED), this was the first independent games festival in Puerto Rico and the first to focus exclusively on locally produced games. Two lectures on game studies and a game design workshop was organized.
- Us Vs. Them by JMR Games
- Maniacs by Batú Games
- Barricade by Kraniumtivity Games
- Attack of the Moronians by Roberto Rosario
- Corea by Noel Benítez
- Parallelograsp by Rex Cartagena and Caulder Bradford
- Defend the Fawkin Station by Work In Motion Studios
- Polizón by Emanuel Márquez
1.“Juegos, Arte y Sociedad” or “Games, Art and Society” by Albith R. Delgado.
- An introduction to game studies and modern gaming trends such as indie games, newsgames and streetgames. Audience: game players, developers and intellectuals.
2.“La Inteligencia Artifical, la Cognición y los Videojuegos” or “Artificial Intelligence , Cognition and Videogames” by Rogelio E. Cardona-Rivera
- Rogelio’s presentation of his graduate research in North Carolina State University. In a few words, Rogelio is researching and developing technologies to create interactive narratives based on player choices, among other factors.
3pm-5pm: Analog Games Workshop, led by Albith Delgado.
This 2 hour workshop included exercises adapted from the GDC Game Design Workshop and 8kindsoffun.com
3pm: Introduction to the concept of Game Mechanics.
3:30pm: Exercise: learn how to play Briscas (Spanish card game)
Modify the game of Briscas.
4pm: Challenge (if the first exercise is done): Turn an electronic game into an analog prototype.
4:30pm-5pm: Play the modified games.